mercredi 20 avril 2016

Interview Pole connexion de Michelle Stanek

Pole connexion

How did your love story with Pole Dancing begin ? 
My friend and co-worker Kelly brought me to her favorite class at Crunch Gym--pole dance! She loved it and knew I would too. And I did! But I remember being really frustrated in my first class and second class and third class ... because I had no upper body strength yet and wanted to do everything so badly but couldn't.  So I exercised my patience and perseverance and, voila, 4 years later here I am! I was, and still am, a slow and careful learner. Once I developed the required strength and could learn the advanced techniques, I started to incorporate my modern and ballet background into my inherently sassy and sexy pole dancing.


What is your favorite move ? I really love the jade split. It feels good and it looks good. I also really love creative spin flows and i LOVE floor work, sometimes too much!

Your strong point and weak point on the Pole ? Strong point is my use of my legs—I'm naturally born with slight hyperextension and high arches (thanks Mom!) plus my many years of early ballet training allow me to execute moves with great extension and alignment. My weak point is probably explosive, fast movement. I am definitely working on that!

Your favorite fitness clothing ? Well, what goes underneath my pole shorts are my favorite—stripper thongs by Body Zone! They come in fun colors and keep everything tucked in, if you know what I mean....! Then I prefer to wear scrunch butt bikini bottoms because of their lycra/spandex blend of material. I like Victoria's Secret. And they make my butt look good. Then I like to add cute leg warmers and a crop top t-shirt.

Your ideal song for Pole Dancing ? oooo, this changes all the time. I dance to everything from classical to hip hop. I like a song that has both a smooth, slow quality with dramatic, hard hitting beats. For example, I like songs by Tricky, Santigold, Florence & the Machine, Puscifer, The Faint, The Weekend, Radiohead, Bon Iver, Citizen Cope...

Where do you go out in the evening ? I live in New York City so I love to wander around and find new places with my friends and boyfriend. I prefer small, quiet, funky bars or lounges for a glass of wine and lots of talk.

What’s your sinful pleasure ? Wine and bad tv! After a long day, I love having a glass of wine or two or three...while I watch bad reality tv and celebrity gossip shows. 

If you had a super power, what would it be ? It's not really a "super" power but I always wished I could sing, like Whitney Houston (RIP). That, or to be able to stop time. There's never enough time...

Your Pole Dancing tip ? Make sure you are cross training, not just pole dancing all the time. Take modern dance classes to explore different types of movement, especially floor work. Take yoga and flexibility to make those pole tricks more languid and extended. Take strength-based classes to work on explosive movements on the pole and balance out the weaknesses in your body. 

What's next ? I really want to explore my own style more by experimenting on the pole in new and different ways and continue to work on my flexibility. RIght now I want to be a sponge and absorb as much inspiration and skill as possible. So when I am ready to perform or compete again, I feel confident and unique. I REALLY want to come back to Paris in the Spring!!! I am in love with this city! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vous aimerez aussi
Vous aimerez aussi